Everything about Joint Clearance Treatment in San Angelo
The human body is very strong. It can support most of its functions without any aid. However, there comes a point where the body is cannot achieve certain things unless with medical reinforcement. Such situations are common following a traumatic injury or accident. Researchers and medical experts have gone above and beyond to figure out different treatment options that could bridge the gap between natural sustenance of the human body and external limitations thereof. Joint clearance is one of those innovative techniques that has made medical intervention effective.
What is Joint Clearance Treatment?
It is a treatment focused on improving the functionality of joints in the human body. The joints are necessary for performing different functions of the body, including walking, household chores, and even swimming. When the joints are not at their best, then it causes discomfort to the patient. Sometimes, this problem can lead to the impossibility of moving different joints. The condition results due to joint impingement. The impingement often results in inflammation of the joint areas, which is why patients experience pain.
Joint Clearance in San Angelo focuses on clearing the joint area and alleviating the pain that comes with the syndrome.
What Causes Joint Impingement Syndrome?
Joint impingement occurs when tendons, which are connective tissues, can get caught in the wrong place. When you move about your joints, they rub on the tendons, causing pain. The frequent movement of the body parts back and forth eventually leads to inflammation. Unless properly controlled through the joint clearance in San Angelo, TX, the situation can worsen and make it difficult for patients to remain mobile.
Some of the risk factors for joint impingement syndrome include:
- Muscle imbalance – this happens when the muscles of your body are not working together with the joints of your body.
- Straining your body – usually, the joints that are most affected are the shoulders. Overhead activities may put a strain on your body, leading to inflammation and other side effects. If you feel like a particular activity is particularly straining your body, insider taking it a little easy or consulting a chiropractor near you for joint clearance treatment in San Angelo, or any other assistance you can get.
- Joint and bone anomalies – some other problems with your bones and joints can be the cause of your impingement.
What Does Joint Clearance Treatment Concern?
Many treatment options exist for treating patients with joint clearance issues. Most of the treatments involve medication to relieve the pain. However, the medication can have dire side effects.
It is why our chiropractors will recommend joint clearance therapy to help relieve your joints of all the pain. Chiropractors usually indulge in the manipulation of the spinal canal to achieve musculoskeletal structure alignment. This kind of manipulation is done to institute the natural healing of the body.
The treatment relies on the logic that the spine of the human body can heal all on its own without assistance. It is why the manipulation of the spine can result in alleviated pain.
In the same sense, the healing power of the spine can result in joint clearance. This will then restore the mobility of a patient without indulging in other invasive methods that might have negative side effects.
Is the Treatment Independent?
It is hard to name a medical treatment as solely independent. A lot of the times medical experts use two or more treatments together to achieve the desired effects. It is the same as joint clearance treatment. Experts in this treatment can also use other traditional medication options to complement the joint clearance treatment. Some of the other medications that can be used include:
- Oral anti-inflammatory medications – help reduce the inflammation on the joints that can tear and wear by the tendons. Depending on the guidance of your doctor, you may have to take the medication for up to 8 or more weeks.
- Regular stretching – stretching the affected ligament ever day helps stretch out the muscles. This can help ensure the muscles and joints work together when in motion.
- Cortisone-type injection – this injection is used for severe cases of pain and inflammation regarding joint impingements. The anti-inflammatory injection may not be the best course of action, given its side effects. It can lead to the weakening of tendons and body muscles.