Maintain A Healthy Spine
There are many individuals in San Angelo, TX, who suffer from chronic back pain. Back pain is one of the primary reasons individuals visit the doctor and miss work. In order to keep back pain from interfering with your life, we recommend maintaining spine health and forming good habits in order to reduce back pain or eliminate it completely. Both children and adults can become less prone to aches and pains, which will allow them to live to their full potential. In order to help you maintain your spinal health, we have provided some tips on how to alleviate pain and keep the spine functioning.
Tips to Keep Your Spine Healthy
There are several ways to make sure your spine is healthy and happy. Spine health starts at home, and Upper Cervical Family Chiropractic has provided some ways you can keep your spine healthy and safe.
- Stretch: You should start each day by stretching so that you can stay flexible and support your joints.
- Lift Properly: Bend your knees and avoid twisting your back. Pay attention to your form.
- Gym Safety: Don’t do too much when you work out in the gym. It’s important to stay active. However, it’s recommended that you choose low-impact exercises whenever possible.
- Maintain Posture: Pay attention to your posture and avoid slouching. Keep your spine straight when sitting and consider ergonomic office equipment for the workplace.
- Get Enough Sleep: Get at least 6 hours of sleep every night and avoid sleeping on your stomach. Keep your spine in a natural position and use a pillow that provides neck support.
- Manage Weight: Excess body fat can cause back pain. It adds stress to muscles and ligaments in the back, so it is recommended that you keep a healthy diet and manage your weight.
One of the most important things you can do for your spine includes visiting a chiropractor on a regular basis. By receiving treatment and care from a professional, you can ensure your spinal health and keep your body from experiencing pain and taking away from other areas of your life.